Simmer ICON X 2018
WORLD WIDE WAVE PERFORMANCE
The 2018 Icon X has been optimized to deliver more drive and enhanced maneuverability, inspired by the latest mast curves and outlines we developed from the Blacktip and Apex. For 2018, Icon is available in two versions, the ultra durable Icon X with all X-Ply/Q-Ply construction, and the standard Icon, a light-weight Monofilm/X-Ply/Q-Ply version. Icon features a lower aspect ratio outline, with more shape in the lower front area of the sail profile. This enables Icon to generate speed for turns and maintain power, all the while retaining the maneuverability one expects out of a wave sail. The 5 batten profile provides the ultimate level of stability in vast wind ranges. What makes the 2018 Icon so unique however is the overall applicability of the design. Its used throughout the entire World in all sorts of environments. Versatility is the name of the game for the traveling windsurfer and the Icon is the most versatile sail ever designed.
Icon redefines what a sail can do and where it can go, where will it take you?
- All X-Ply / Q-Ply construction, very durable.
- Powerful profile for global versatility and adaptability.
- A maneuver oriented wave sail with a direct and responsive feel.
- Superb ability to de-power in the critical moment of a maneuver and very forgiving handling characteristics.
- Versatile rigging settings: less outhaul for more constant power, or more outhaul for fingertip handling.
- Bulletproof durability.
- Wider sleeve for more front end drive.
- Light weight panel layout.
- Seams aligned along the directions of the load lines to distribute the forces.